Re: [tlug] jpilot and cjk

> I am able to display kanji in both the text fields and the menus with
> jpilot.

Hmm.
Please tell us the version of jpilot. I have an
older version installed (0.92-1); this does not
seem to have many font/encoding related options.
Japanese in iso-2022-jp did not display.
I plan to switch to a newer version (after I
switch to a newer Linux release on that box).

> I am pretty sure my palm professional does not handle cjk, and I have
> not even attempted to sync it for some time. So I do not know how the palm
> handles kanji, and what happens if you sync it.

The data gets transferred to the palm.
That part seems to work very well; much
better that what was possible with Kpilot.

At the moment, I have not made the
palm cjk compatible (looking at cjk-os);
it also does not display the iso-2022-jp data.

Tony Laszlo, Tokyo
http://www.issho.org/laszlo.html