Re: [tlug] Slightly OT: HD transfer rates vs Internet access speed

>6.  Many disk accesses are likely (both for security and performance
>reasons) to be offloaded onto separate file or database servers.  You
>could imagine a diskless webserver!

Very true ... I just wondering about a one-machine web server, but Chris's
comment about Mb != MB makes my question pretty silly. The HD transfer rate
is 8 times a 100Mb connection's rate, no need to worry that the HD transfer
rate will be the bottleneck.

As for >100Mb connections not being available ... I know nothing about this
but I always figured the Internet backbones were thicker than this ... and
didn't I see Gigabit ethernet cards at Bic camera?

Jc