Re: [tlug] html editor :) IBM Homepage Builder

> Usually, you should use iso-2022-jp (=JIS) for web pages and e-mail, but

So 2022-jp is JIS. I assume that shift-JIS is a variation of JIS, then.

> if you are doing a website for i-mode and stuff, it has to be Shift_JIS.
> EUC-jp is often used in *nix environments, but it could be used
> elsewhere.

This is the kind of info I need. So EUC-jp was the unix Japanese standard,
right?

> Unicode/UTF-8 will be coming, but it's still not popular, and people
> don't have the fonts.

I hope the internationalization of the internet occurs soon. I am spending
too much time working out the technical details of being bilingual on the
net.

thank you for the info