[tlug] Re: SuSE 8.0 copies at TLUG meeting

BABA Yoshihiko <baba@example.com> writes:

> Thank you Jonathan and Mike for SuSE8.0.  It recognised my HP
> Omnibook's video card successfully, which no other tool has done!
>
> On 2002.05.15, at 16:58, Nguyen Hung Takeshi wrote:
>> # A comment to Suse: Please check your Japanese Translation, I found it
>> "okassi" ;)
>
> Which part you think is okashii?  I didn't find any problem in YaST
> installer.
>

> Regarding Japanese on SuSE, I have found one problem so far.  The
> default inputstyle of KDE3 is not overthespot, and you need to run K
> applications with additional parameter as:
>
> %konqueror -inputstyle overthespot
>
> (thanks to Daisuke of Japan KDE Users Group).

See

    http://www.suse.de/~mfabian/suse-cjk/kde-input-style.html

on how to change the default input style globally

The CDs which I sent to Jonathan already contain the improved Qt3
packages mentioned on

    http://www.suse.de/~mfabian/suse-cjk/qt-fixes.html

i.e. they contain all CJK related bug fixes and improvements for Qt3
from http://www.kde.gr.jp known at the time the SuSE Linux 8.0 INT-2
CD set was created (April 8th 2002) and a few CJK related fixes
directly from Trolltech.

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>   http://www.suse.de/~mfabian
睡眠不足はいい仕事の敵だ。