RE: [tlug] html editor :) IBM Homepage Builder

My wife uses IBM Homepage Builder on Windows ME.  She's getting pretty good
at general page layout, cut and paste from documents, making simple graphic
buttons or logos.  When she does get stuck, she just calls "Darling!"
(that's me :-)

Sometimes I directly edit the HTML; I didn't think the IBM HTML was so bad.
The worst, though, is cutting and pasting from a MS-Word document; this
imports such nasty Word HTML around the text we want.  What a bother to
clean up.

The other scary thing is "place anywhere" mode of IBM Homepage Builder.  You
and drag and drop text and graphics anywhere on a page.  The produced HTML
seems to use layers with X,Y coordinates specifying the location of the
object.  Because layers do display well in some browsers, I try to
discourage my wife from using it. ("But its so convenient, darling.")

just my 2 yen,
jim.