Re: hdparm questions ... Was Re: [tlug] Linux CVS kernel tree in Japan

more info that might beuseful in helping solve my HD speed problem.

A 2.4.9-31 kernel gives me a /proc/ide/hda/driver file with:

ide-disk version 1.11

And an hdparm test give me a speed of 15 MB/sec (as opposed to the 18 MB/sec
a 1.12 driver gives and the 37 MB/sec a 1.10 driver gives).

Isn't strange that a newer driver (1.12 or 1.11) would be slowere than an
older driver? I'm trying to figure out where that older driver comes from on
the other machine ...

Jc