Re: [tlug] problem with J2SE bin file

On Thu, 30 May 2002 08:43:05 +0000
Jack Morgan <yojack@example.com> wrote:

> No, this script is looking for /bin/sh as it's shell but you are using bash
>
> > bash: ./j2re-1_3_1_03-linux-i386.bin: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission
>  ^^^^^^^
>
> Just edit this script, change the first line from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash
> and try again.

/bin/sh is just a symlink to /bin/bash on most linux systems, editing the script won't change anything, imho.

I had this problem when I was trying to run a shell script from a filesystem that was mounted with the noexec option (cdrom mounted by user).
Pietro, what are the mount options of the filesystem on which you are trying to run the script?

--
B0Ti.