Re: [tlug] OT (sort of): Free Sun Solaris 9 on DVD...

On Wed, 29 May 2002, Jim Breen wrote:

> [Marc Christensen (Re: [tlug] OT (sort of):  Free Sun Solaris 9 on DVD...) writes:]

> >> Interesting,  I can still access the page just fine.  I wonder if they are
> >> limiting access to typical US only top level domains...  weird.
>
> I can connect fine (from Australia). BTW, there is no such thing really as
> a "US only top level domain", except perhaps .gov and .mil. The other
> generic non-country-code TLDs are world-wide.

True.  I knew that when I wrote it - maybe being a little lazy.  But if
one connects with a ".*.co.jp" domain, most likely they are in Japan (not
nessaseryly true).  It could be regulated other ways like IP/subnet but
that would totaly be a pain and still, with VPNs you don't know where a
person realy is anyway.  Good point.

--
Marc C.
http://www.mecworks.com