Re: [tlug] Secure alternative to ftp?

>From: Michael Doughty <mdoughty@example.com>
>
>So why don't you just create users with shell set to /bin/false and
>not create home directories for them.

I hate to admit it but I user acount is a very big weak point of mine.
Thanks for pointing out this neat "trick".

>If you set their home dirs to
>be something like /home/ftp I think you will see the functionality
>you are looking for.

Will try it right now!

>I haven't tested, but I am pretty sure that you don't actually need
>shell login to use sftp.

I'm not sure about this also. From what I could understand from the OpenSSH
docs it wasn't clear.

Jc

PS Had a look at fs2web. Very good except that it lacks user authentication.