Re: [tlug] Secure alternative to ftp?

> and it seems to be almost but not quite waht I want.

The problem is you aren't really saying what you want clearly.
Please try giving us a clear idea of exactly what functionality you.

> I want to allow people on the outside to connect to my sftp server and
> upload files (even delete then perhaps) but that is all. I don't want them
> to have local accounts or anything else on my server. It seems that for sftp
> to work (in an non-anonymous fashion) I need to create a user account for
> anyone I want to allow to connect to the sftp server?

1. When you say secure is this context what exactly do you need? What are
   you trying to protect from?

2. Am I understanding you correctly that there will only be uploads and
   possibly deletes?

3. You want to have unique users, but you don't want actual accounts?

If so you might want to look at a ssl web based solution like:

FileTornado: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/filetornado
fs2web:	http://amir142.dhs.org/fs2web/

Something along those lines.

--Matt