[tlug] rpm broken?

Hi,

A dirty crash occured whilt rpm was installing a package, and, since
that moment,
I guess that the rpm DB is corrupted. Is there a way to force the
rebuild of the
rpm DB to a sane state?

The symptoms are:
- some installed package are not seen by rpm
- installing/reinstalling a package seems to work, but gives a segfault,
and the new
  package, even useable, is not installed according to rpm
- --erase does not work too

But rpm -qa gives all the package names, even multiple times, when I
tried to
re-insytall. Example:
104 tschai br> rpm -qa | grep jpi
jpilot-devel-0.99-266
jpilot-Backup-0.41-54
jpilot-Mail-0.0.6-190
jpilot-0.99-266
jpilot-0.99-266
jpilot-0.99-266
jpilot-0.99-266
jpilot-0.99-266
jpilot-0.99-266
jpilot-0.99-266
jpilot-0.99-266
jpilot-0.99-266
105 tschai br>  rpm -qvv jpilot
D: opening database mode 0x0 in /var/lib/rpm
package jpilot is not installed

Any clue, this is quite disturbing!!!

br.

--
Clothes make the man.  Naked people have little or no influence on society.
   -- Mark Twain