Re: [tlug] Gentoo kinput and canna ebuild

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 09:41:01AM +0900, Ryan Shaw wrote:
> Jack wrote:
>
> > I'm experienceing the same problem. But kinput2 isn't building because
> > it can't find libcanna16...
>
> after you emerge canna, do you have the following?
>
> /usr/lib/libcanna16.so -> libcanna16.so.1.0
> /usr/lib/libcanna16.so.1 -> libcanna16.so.1.0
> /usr/lib/libcanna16.so.1.0
>
> > Because it does't build, it just installs the docs.
>
> weird. it should be dying, according to the ebuild:
>
> make DESTDIR=${D} install || die "installation failed"
>
> could you try the following:

Yes, I looked at the ebuild and noticed that--didn't mention it to you
because, not being a programmer, or even a very good bash scripter, I
figured I was overlooking something.

FWIW--as Jack doesn't use KDE, that doesn't seem to be the
factor--when I install, I leave the USE in /etc/make.conf at the
default "".  After installation, I only install a few items before
doing x (metalog, sudo, gentoolkit, sometimes nvi) then install X.
After that I put in Ryan's ebuild.  When I do it that way, it goes
smoothly.  I wonder if Jack put in a few other things first that
possibly affected it?