[tlug] Gentoo kinput and canna ebuild

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this issue.

As I mentioned a few days ago, Ryan Shaw made an ebuild for kinput2
and canna for Gentoo Linux. I found that if I try to emerge it on a
machine that has KDE 3.0 installed, though canna installs correctly,
kinput2 doesn't.  Tried this on three machines.  In each case, what it
seemed to do was install the documentation, but not the application.
It doesn't stop with an error message--it actually says that kinput2
was installed--however, there's no application, just the docs.

However, if a machine doesn't have KDE on it, the ebuild completes
without problem. I can then install KDE without difficulty.  Once it's
installed, kinput2 still works without problems

I don't use KDE as my environment--I've only been putting it in to
use konqueror and a couple of games, so for me it's not a major
disaster.  At any rate, I know there are at least a few Gentoo users
on this list, as I see their names on the gentoo-user list, and I'm
wondering if anyone else has run into this.  I don't know that KDE is
definitely the culprit--however, it's the only difference that I can
see on the machines that had a successful install of kinput2 and ones
that didn't.

Thanks
Scott Robbins