[tlug] running X on chrooted environment

Hello all,

I have tried to run X on a chrooted environment. Unfortuneturely, it
failed. Here is what I did.

1)Install lm8.1 on /dev/hda7
2)install lm8.2 on /dev/hda8

They have common /boot
boot of them can be boot from grub menu and X are OK.

3)Now, I boot into lm8.2
4)mount -t ext3 /dev/hda7 /mnt/lm81
5)cd /mnt/lm81
5)#chroot $PWD /bin/bash (switch to root and excute chroot)
6)#root #  (oh, we are in new root, now i tried to start x)
7)startx (failed, error msg is "cannot connect to unix:-1)
8)/etc/init.d/xfs start (start x font server, then tried to start x again)
9)startx ( this time ,error msg is "no screen found" <--- what the f ....
????)

Any suggestions?

|                  Nguyen Hung.Vu                          |
| The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan   |
| Takeshi's small space   http://site.techviet.com/vuhung/ |
| Join KDE-i18n-Vi?       http://vi.i18n.kde.org/          |
| VYSA                    http://vysasports.vngate.net/    |
| Vn Linux Users Group    http://vietlug.sourceforge.net/  |