[tlug] linux crash

Hi!

I was playing with videos with a software called Xine. It looks nice but it
crash every time I try to open a mpg video. The problem is that not only the
Xine crash, else the whole system! I tried to change console, to close the
Xserver with ctrl alt backspace, and to reboot the system with ctrl alt
delete but nothing moved. I dod't have other alternative and I pressed reset.

Are there a daemon, a tool or someway to make a really effective break
combination keys?

Thankyou in advance.

Pietro