[tlug] Stopping mouse services error at shutdown

I've compiled a 2.4.18 kernel (using source from the SGI XFS source tree), I
didn't compile in anymouse support because I don't use one.

When I shutdown my RH7.2 box I get the following error:

Shutting down console mouse services [FAILED]

(Strangely enough I don't get a corresponding startup failed error at boot
time)

How can I fix this?

Also, the motherboard has USB support but I don't plan on attaching any USB
devices. I've compiled at the kernel without USB support but doing so gives
me an non-fatal error at boot up (sometime abut failing to start USB support
and notbe able to mount something).

Is it a bad idea to not include USB support even though the mobo has it? If
not how can I stop boot up process from complaiing about not finding any USB
mountpoint etc ...?

Thanks!
Jc