RE: [tlug] RedHat up2date funnies

I agree that stable has never had that problem, but I have been using "testing" or Woody, the Any Day Now release, on my laptop exclusively for almost a year. I have found it to be perfectly stable for every day use, and the updates are many and fast and all work together as far as I've been able to discover, except the Yiff sound server that XShipWars requires chokes. So what, the game runs fine, though silent, without it.

"Stable" for the external server, no question. But I do not look forward to trying to upgrade it, since I do not have physical access. I think it will be running Potato(e) for another year or so.

"Unstable". I've heard from folks who use it for their "desktops" because they do have total control and access to it, so little skips and bumps don't matter much. I'm thinking about it, especially after one or two packages that I use have been "discontinued" from Woody because of a lack of maintainer as Woody is parsed for the new stable subset.

Ah, I wax philosophic. Forgive me, it's early in the morning. Ohayo, y'all.

Curt-