Re: [tlug] RedHat up2date funnies

[Matt Doughty (Re: [tlug] RedHat up2date funnies) writes:]

>> > Perhaps I'm building up for a 7.3 upgrade.....
>>
>> Is that the sound of a bag of pain being opened that I hear?

Well, it's never painless, but I am not fazed by the thought. The main
hassle is re- installing all the non-standard tarballs and rpms I have.

>> I certainly
>> hope that the "upgrade" procedure has improved. Unless of course you mean
>> a clean install when you say "upgrade". ;)

To be frank the only upgrade I did was 5.0 to 5.2 some years back. It
was pretty good, apart from the bloat factor. Here I have about 6Gb
spare on /, so I expect even RH won't need all that.

Jim

--
Jim Breen  [j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298