Re: [tlug] Re: help w/japanese

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 10:52:48AM +0200, Mike Fabian wrote:
> Jack Morgan <yojack@example.com> writes:
>
> But that is not a fix, you said you want to see Japanese, not English.

True. I found after some experimenting that LC_ALL=ja_JP.eucJP worked but
not LANG, or LC_CTYPE, etc. Anyway, it's working. I'll need to do some more
reading and experiemnting.

> For mlterm you need to specify the fonts to use in a config file.
> There is no command line option for fonts (except size) and mlterm
> doesn't use X resources either.
>
> The system wide mlterm font config file is usually at
> /etc/X11/mlterm/font, but you can have your own in ~/.mlterm/font.

I dont have the system wide file so I created the $HOME/ one.

> I attach the /etc/X11/mlterm/font I currently use for SuSE Linux
> as an example.

Thank you.

> should work out of the box because then fonts are used which are
> already part of the standard XFree86 distributions. For other sizes
> check whether you have the fonts specified in /etc/X11/mlterm/font.

Yeah, it worked really well, in fact all apps stared in Japanese :-)

--
jack_morgan