Re: [tlug] jp encoding

Legend wrote:

> However, we all know that the most used browser is
> IE on Windows platform. For that reason, in Japan,
> it is pretty much like an industry-standard (AFAIK)
> to use sjis in HTML and JSP, and EUC in Servlet, if
> you were developing on Unix platform.

IE on Windows handles EUC just fine. SJIS is widespread,
I'll give you that, but so is a lot of other broken crap,
and that doesn't mean it is an "industry standard". I've
been developing webapps in Japan for 4 years and have
always used EUC. Clients love it when the weird mojibake
problems from their old SJIS pages just go away.

Ryan