Re: [tlug] NFS-mounting /home

    Josh> The other sysadmin disagrees, claiming that /home should be
    Josh> machine dependent, as opposed to user dependent.

Is he a member of any other cults, like maybe Aum or the Unification
Church?

I would say he's thinking of /etc, not /home.

    Josh> Furthermore, does anyone know of a good doc that I could
    Josh> point this guy at? I seem to not be convincing in my
    Josh> explanation of why I have things set up this way.

You might start with the FHS.  It's not what you want, if it has any
rationale it would be concise, but at least you can point to it and
say "smart people have taken this possibility into account."  There
are probably diskless HOWTOs that would be useful.

Generally I think the diskless idea is the basic argument for NFS /home.