Re: [tlug] SuSE 8.0 copies at TLUG meeting

On Wed, 15 May 2002, BABA Yoshihiko wrote:

> Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 17:50:29 +0900
> From: BABA Yoshihiko <baba@example.com>
> To: tlug@example.com
> Cc: baba@example.com
> Subject: Re: [tlug] SuSE 8.0 copies at TLUG meeting
>
> Thank you Jonathan and Mike for SuSE8.0.  It recognised my HP Omnibook's
> video card successfully, which no other tool has done!
>
> On 2002.05.15, at 16:58, Nguyen Hung Takeshi wrote:
> > # A comment to Suse: Please check your Japanese Translation, I found it
> > "okassi" ;)
>
> Which part you think is okashii?
>I didn't find any problem in YaST
> installer.

I will report it later ...

> Regarding Japanese on SuSE, I have found one problem so far.  The
> default inputstyle of KDE3 is not overthespot, and you need to run K
> applications with additional parameter as:

KDE3.0 in distros like suse, mandrake would *never* support japanese
fully. I need they need patches from kde.gr.jp

> %konqueror -inputstyle overthespot
>
> (thanks to Daisuke of Japan KDE Users Group).

|                 Nguyen Hung.Vu                          |
| The University of Electro-Communications, Tokyo, Japan  |
| Takeshi's small space  http://site.techviet.com/vuhung/ |
| Join KDE-i18n-Vi?      http://vi.i18n.kde.org           |
| VYSA:                  http://vysasports.vngate.net/    |
| Vietlug                http://vietlug.sourceforge.net/  |