[tlug] u/mount problems

I'm trying toconvert some existing ext3 filesystems to xfs but I am having
trouble. Specifically I rebooted into single user mode and did a mount -a
and mounted my partitions one by one. But when I do a 'moun' nothing but my
root and /proc show up.

If I try and umount a partition no error but if I then try and remount it I
can a device busy error ... I think I just trashed my /boot (but haven't
rebooted yet) so any help would appreciated ...

Symptoms:

umount /boot gives "/boot not mounted"
umount /dev/hda3 gives "/dev/hda3 not mounted"
mount /boot gives "no such partition found"
mount /dev/hda3 /boot works (though for some reason I though /boot was on
hda1 ... but an ls of /boot shows it to be /boot)
xfs_admin -L /boot /dev/hda3 goves (/dev/hda3 contains a mounted filesystem)
umount /dev/hda3 gives "/dev/hda3: not mounted"
umout /boot works ....
xfs_admin -L /boot /dev/hda3 goves (/dev/hda3 contains a mounted filesystem)

This doesn't seem quite right .... I'm worried to give my machine a reboot

Jc