[tlug] Dynamic DNS for DHCP

Sorry that in many ways I'm still a Linux newbie.

I've read part of the DDT documents (Dynamic DNS Tools) but it seems
immensely cumbersome (I know I should learn PostgreSQL someday, but really
just for this?) and still doesn't seem to do exactly what I want.

Client machines run Monopolysoft systems, have their own machine names, have
non-static IP addresses assigned by dhcpd, log into a Monopolysoft network
domain controlled by a samba server, and send DNS lookup requests to named.
They can ping the server by name because the DNS server has its own name
configured in its DNS configuration files.  But in order to ping each other,
they have to use IP addresses.

When dhcpd assigns a lease, I want the client machine's hostname and IP
address to be added to the DNS server's directory.  When a lease expires or
if a client releases it earlier, I want the corresponding DNS entry to be
removed.  Is there any tool that does this automatically?

(By the way, if the DDT keep-alive protocol happens to magically match
Monopolysoft's protocol for however they do this, then I guess DDT does do
what I want, plus an additional ton of stuff that I don't need.  But it's
still inordinately cumbersome.)