Re: [tlug] Buffalo S11 times out

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:12:58 +0900
"A.Sajjad Zaidi" <sajjad@example.com> wrote:

> Now for the ugly part. Everything works fine until I start to transfer
> large files. eth0 times out and I get these error messages in the logs:
>
> kernel: wvlan_cs: Initialization failed!
> kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
> kernel: wvlan_cs: eth0 Tx timed out! Resetting card
I'm also getting these every six seconds when transfering large files.  Using a via based NIC with donald becker's via-rhine driver.
I was searching the web for some solutions, someone said that this might be caused when the same irq is shared among other devices.

I'm lucky, because after the card is reset everything goes on again (for another six seconds), but the throughput is pretty crap due to the delays caused by the reset.

--
B0Ti.