Re: [tlug] EXT3 journal not found

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 10:36:05AM +0900, Jonathan Q wrote:
> During the reboot, it got as far as mounting the filesystems, and came back with
> "EXT3 journal not found device ide0 (3,2)" and panicked.

As crazy as it may seem, it appears that the kernel in your boot
floppy doesn't support EXT3. I recommend creating a new kernel
and boot disk to see if this corrects the problem.
This would be an easy first step prior to any attempt to repair
the filesystem.

> I'm currently booting from a floppy because the BIOS seems to not like booting
> from disks that large (/boot is completely within the first 8 GB, but
> I never even get a boot prompt out of it), and need to try flashing the BIOS
> to a newer rev (the board's only 15 months old or so, you'd think it wouldn't
> be bothered, but...).

I'd recommend running the latest BIOS, especially if it has fixes for
your EIDE chipset.

If you are using GRUB, I recommend checking the config file for errors.

-- Uva