Re: [tlug] Postmasters, DON'T let this happen to YOU Joke of the Day

Godwin Stewart (gstewart@example.com) wrote:

> This is pointless in the case of the latest W32.Klez thingy. It munges the
> "From:" header of the e-mail and inserts a randomly chosen name from the

Yes, the latest Klez is pretty crafty. It has quite a few variants,
does it's little header trick, etc.  The day I live in fear of is
if some spammerware writers and some virus writers get together
and collaborate on a worm that spreads itself and hibernates waiting
for orders.  Orders, in this case, would be spam, as it would be
a drone in a distributed spam network.  Since some worms now
come with their own SMTP engine,  we're not that far from
such an ISP nightmare scenario.  In fact, I suspect the only
reason it hasn't already happened is that spamware writers and
virus writers come from two very different camps, which probably
despise each other.

Jonathan