Re: [tlug] TLUG RC5-64 team

Dear Micheal,

This is my first posting to TLUG, and I just wanted to make give
you a little light reading before you "see about putting on a machine
or two at work".

The following are references for a real (and really pathetic)
prosecution of a SysAdmin for installing distributed.net software.

Your post reminded me of an employee at a US University who was
arrested for theft of resources because he installed a distributed
computing application on Uni machines.  This constituted theft under
State law.  This was a state law criminal prosecution, as the chap
worked for a public university.

Google comes up with the following:
http://www.newsbytes.com/news/02/173751.html
http://www.tacube.com/pages/mcowen.html