Re: [tlug] OSX BSD mail server

Hi,

  Micheal> they have e-mail for the students, and I don't think it
  Micheal> can be so difficult to install a mail server on OSX. Does

By default MacOSX comes (at least mine 10.1.2 upgraded to 10.1.3/10.1.4
came with) with sendmail. So any source of sendmail information will be
helpfull (Bat book, http://sendmail.org, etc.).

You can replace it with postfix if you fill more comfortable with it (I
prefer sendmail myself).

To install postfix (or any other of ported to MacOSX debian tools) you
can use fink (http://fink.sourceforge.net). Grab it, install, then in
terminal start dselect and ... then probably you'll need some Debian
documentation, rather then Mac-specific).

Hope that helps.

--Dmytro.

--
 Dmytro Koval'ov
 mailto:kov@example.com

  Micheal> anyone know of a good how-to or web site with these kinds of
  Micheal> resources? If possible, I will do it for them for free (well,
  Micheal> actually for connections and clout in my job search, and to
  Micheal> put on my resume... completely self-serving volunteer work).

  Micheal> Micheal

  Micheal> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Q"
  Micheal> <jq@example.com> To: <tlug@example.com> Sent: Tuesday, April
  Micheal> 23, 2002 11:38 PM Subject: Re: [tlug] TLUG RC5-64 team

  +> A.Sajjad Zaidi (sajjad@example.com) wrote:

  +> > Sorry, Im still searching for little green men

  +> Ah, but unlike little green (wo)men, we know for certain that a
  +> solution to RC5-64 actually exists :-) Moreover, we know that
  +> it will be found this year, because at yesterday's key rate,
  +> distributed.net was 240 days away from exhaustion of the key space.
  +> RC5-=64 has been running for 3 or 4 years now, I believe, but it
  +> will be solved in 2002.

  +> So all those who'd like to see TLUG in the winner's circle, now's
  +> the time to sign on :-)

  +> Jonathan

  +> > grep ? :-)

  +> Like I'm gonna give anybody my .procmailrc to grep through :-)

  +> Jonathan