Re: [tlug] unsubscribe

On Sun, 21 Apr 2002 11:26:27 +0900, Ryan Shaw <ryan.shaw@example.com>
wrote to tlug@example.com:

> Considering that most modern mail clients hide these
> nonstandard headers by default, this is probably not
> the ideal place for such information.

They may hide it but it isn't inaccessible. Even the most efficient virus
spreader on the planet (which has a secondary function allowing people to
send e-mails) allows the user to view such information by hitting Ctrl-F3.
My MUA allows me to do the same with Ctrl-U.

It is a well-known fact that mailing list software inserts such headers to
make it possible for those who never read the instructions to manage their
list subscription(s). I can't agree more with what Sekiya-san said: "The
rash of incorrect unsubscribe requests is solely due to laziness."