Re: [tlug] CrossOver Office

Micheal E Cooper (mecooper@example.com) wrote:

> clients request is for Excel, or rarely Word. Is there an open publishing
> standard like xhtml for word processing? An open XML standard could be

Microsoft is going (has gone as of Office XP?) to XML as its internal format
for MS Office documents.  Now, I wouldn't be shocked to learn that it's
an "embraced and extended" (AKA "non-standard and broken") XML, but
achieving file level compatiblity with even a broken XML standard will
likely be easier than achieving it with the wholly proprietary file
formats that have been used up to now.

Jonathan