Re: [tlug] CrossOver Office

Micheal E Cooper (mecooper@example.com) wrote:

> I wasn't aware that the English version of Office reads and allows input of
> Japanese. What do they do about Ruby text (furigana) and vertical writing, I
> wonder. For that matter, can Linux do those things?

AFAIK no, but there are localized Japanese word processors out there,
so maybe they can.

I don't know what the English version of office does about that, since
I don't have to use it, but Win2K/XP and Office 2000 (at least; maybe
Office 97 also?) use MSIME to do Japanese (and other multilingual,
I suppose) input in English versions.

Jonathan