Re: [tlug] Re: UTF-8 Terminal Emulators?

[Mike Fabian ([tlug] Re: UTF-8 Terminal Emulators?) writes:]

ST > What's hard to do is to implement the callbacks and
ST > filtering well for on the spot conversion.

>> Yes, that is very hard and therefore it is implemented well only in
>> very few programs currently.
>>
>> Current versions of Mozilla and gvim (Vim with gtk gui) support
>> on the spot perfectly.

I'm impressed with that aspect of Mozilla (its clunky rendering of some
larger typefaces is less than impressive.)

I was a little surprised when I first got kinput2 working with Mozilla
the way a tiny window popped up below the Mozilla screen containing a
hiragana "a". Then I realised that it was the usual over-the-spot marker,
displaced off the window.

Jim

--
Jim Breen  [j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/]
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298