Re: [tlug] Re: UTF-8 Terminal Emulators?

    Mike> Yudit and (X)Emacs have their own special solutions to
    Mike> switch between different input methods.

It's not particularly hard to switch, at least as long as a global
input method is acceptable (which it should be), although you have to
be a little careful in a threaded app (because you need to change the
global locale).  What's hard to do is to implement the callbacks and
filtering well for on the spot conversion.

    Mike> IIIMF is supposed to give a general solution which would be
    Mike> the same for all programs.

That's what they said about XIM.  Who has implemented IIIMF, though?
I've been hearing about it for over 3 years now, and the
reimplementations of Canna and Wnn in pure Elisp are progressing
faster than IIIMF as far as I can see (except in Java, I presume, but
I don't do Java).

I guess mostly I hope it provides better interfaces for on the spot
conversion.