Re: hacking keyboard [was: Re: [tlug] Don't ban me w...]

A.Sajjad Zaidi (sajjad@example.com) wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 03:38:27PM +0900, Nguyen Hung Takeshi wrote:
> >
> > 3man+ yen is an amount of money ;).
>
> Its worth it.

I worked with a guy who had a Kinesys keyboard.  He said it took a little
while to get used to it, but it was worth the effort and he really love
it.

The bad part was when it broke (after 3 months or so of use).  They had
to send it back to the U.S. to be repaired, and the turnaround was over
3 months.  That was in 1998, so things may be different now, but it's
something to keep in mind/investigate before you put your money down.
30,000 isn't too much to spend on the world's best keyboard, but I would
want it to have a life expectancy longer than humans, and fast turnaround
if it ever did need repair.

> There you said it yourself. I have the 'lite' version, the one without
> the seperate arrow keys, but no way am I using that for my normal work.

I find the Happy Hacking keyboard to just be too small.  I like a keyboard
I can easily set on my lap.  The Logitech and MS keyboards are great for
that because they're big.

Jonathan