Re: [tlug] Re: UTF-8 Terminal Emulators?

>> Somewhere around Tue, 16 Apr 2002 16:48:10 +0900, A.Sajjad Zaidi wrote:
> Im sending out "text/plain; charset=utf-8" and I can read my messages
> ok. Can everyone read * 日本語 * properly?

I can read it.  The question is, why use UTF-8?  If you imagine this
will make you more universally readable, I think you will find that
this is not true.

As Jim and Tony said, iso-2022-jp is the accepted way of sending Japanese
in the email body.  And, if you are only sending Japanese and English,
there is no reason I can think of to deviate from this.

Michael