Re: [tlug] Re: locales

On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 07:12, Mike Fabian wrote:
> David Eduardo Gomez Noguera <davidgn@example.com> writes:
>
> > Anyone know an utf8 locale that would let me use kinput to input
> > japanese, and input other normal characters when not?
>
> LC_CTYPE=ja_JP.UTF-8
>
> can be used to input Japanese via kinput2 and English as usual.
>
> > Also, what X version would i need?
>
> XFree86 4.2.0, there were some problems in XFree86 4.1.0 which
> made kinput2 not work in ja_JP.UTF-8 locale.
>
> > And if you know if gnome works with it, would be great.

Thank you. I think it worked, now i dont know what font to use.
seems like i have no unicode japanese fonts. know where are anyone? i
just see squares, even where i type.日本語.
I have Cyberbit bitstream, but it seems like its "config files" doesnt
know it has japanese fonts too.

Thank you for the help.
--
ICQ: 15605359 Bicho