Re: [tlug] disk configuration: drive mounting

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Marlo Rocci wrote:

> Are there any projects out there to bring hardware and networking
> configurations under a coordinated program of some kind?

	The SuSE Linux dist has its own configuration tool which
centralises all aspects of system configuration, but of course it only
works with SuSE (at least I suspect it does...it might well work with
other dists, but not properly).  Anyway for the records it's called YaST2,
it also has the package managment tools built in to it, XFree
configuration is done via another program called SaX2...although tbh that
still isn't too useable.

	But as I said that's only for SuSE, I suspect it's the case that
most dists have their own configuration tools; I don't think anyone is
putting much effort into creating a single common tool which will work
across all dists.

--
Chris "_Shad0w_" Crowther
chrisc@example.com