Re: [tlug] disk configuration: drive mounting

> Most end users want point and click solutions to configuration
> issues, and at this stage of the development of linux, I think
> they're entitled.

The hell they are.  Linux/*BSD developers don't owe the great unwashed masses
anything, unless the masses are paying said developers (_not_ distribution packagers)
to cater to their whim.

> The impression I am getting from the users is that I shouldn't
> even be asking the question, and I should be happy with editing
> text files.

Bingo.  If you want to use Microsoft-style management tools, use Microsoft.  If you
want to use UNIX, use it in the proper manner.

> Are there any projects out there to bring hardware and networking
> configurations under a coordinated program of some kind?

Browse on freshmeat, but do not be surprised if your query results in no hits.

-- Chris