Re: [tlug] disk configuration: drive mounting

> The point is I want to be a user; not a sysadmin.

Microsoft spent millions to find out the exact same thing.  Most end users
want point and click solutions to configuration issues, and at this stage of
the development of linux, I think they're entitled.  What I am seeking is to
what extent has linux progressed in that direction.  The impression I am
getting from the users is that I shouldn't even be asking the question, and
I should be happy with editing text files.

So to bring this thread back to it's origin, here's the question I'm putting
to the group:

What Linux configuration tools are there (I'm already aware of Linuxconf and
Webmin)?

Specifcally I'm looking for tools for local and network drive mounting. I've
been trying to get linuxconf to mount the network shares, but I know I'm
missing something.  I can get the share working manually, so I know the
shares are working.  I can probably hack away at fstab to get it to work,
but the question that keeps occuring to me is why would I have to on an
operating system that been around this long.

Are there any projects out there to bring hardware and networking
configurations under a coordinated program of some kind?