[tlug] Re: disk configuration: drive mounting

Marlo Rocci wrote:

> This applet also appears to be the place where I would mount network
> volumes.  I wonder if someone could post some screenshots of this so that I
> could see an example.  I have 3 other Windows computers with volumes I want
> the linux computer to see.

To mount a windows share:

mount -t smbfs //host/share /mountpoint

Or if it is username/password protected:

mount -t smbfs -o username=foo,password=bar //host/share /mountpoint

For this smbfs should be compiled into the kernel (if you compile it
yourself) and smbmount should be installed.

You can use "smbclient -L //host" to list shares on a host.

To make your life easier you can add entries to your /etc/fstab, e.g.
//host/share	/mnt/foo	smbfs	defaults,noauto,user	0	0

Then you can mount the share using "mount /mnt/foo".

--
Tobias								PGP: 0x9AC7E0BC