Re: [tlug] libraries

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 07:08:54PM +0900, Christopher SEKIYA wrote:

> tar xzf X420src-1.tgz
> tar xzf X420src-2.tgz
> tar xzf X420src-3.tgz
> cd xc
> make World
> make install install.man
> /usr/X11R6/bin/XFree86 -configure
> vi /root/XF86Config.new
>
> That's not so hard, is it?

Maybe not. I compiled X several years ago; I had a very small hard
disk by today's standards, so I had to be very creative to find space
for the build. RAM, CPU, and bandwidth were also limited, so it took
a lo-o-ong time to download and a lo-o-o-o-ong time to compile.

Not to mention the fact that I was *patching* X -- I wanted to try
X-Truetype, and at that time you could only get it by patching X
yourself.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA