Re: [tlug] Print error

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 07:01:10PM +0900, BOTi wrote:
> "Eric O. Flores" wrote:
>
> > Maybe I don't have the right software grepping (rpm -qa | grep lp) only shows
> >
> > cdparanoia-alpha9.8-2
> > perl-XML-Grove-0.46alpha-3
> > xcdroast-0.98alpha9-1

I'm tempted to say that this is because you have CUPS instead of LPR.
KDEPrint (at least recent versions) uses CUPS as a backend. But that
doesn't quite make sense either, since editing /etc/printcap solved
your problem (CUPS doesn't use printcap). Hmm ...

Though it's no longer urgent, in the interest of understanding your
system you might want to try

  rpm -qa |grep -i cups

--
Matt Gushee