Re: [tlug] partiton

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 06:27:26PM +0900, Jim Tittsler wrote:

> There may be performance advantages to having multiple swap
> partitions spread across different spindles,

Yes, though this can have unexpected consequences, and it may take
some experimentation to get right. I thought I could get better
performance by putting swap on a separate disk from /usr, /opt, and
/var .... but it turned out not to be so simple. The disk with the
swap partition spins down when it's idle, so when my machine starts
swapping, it has to wake up that disk first. So the net result is
worse performance. Gotta fix that one of these days.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA