Re: [tlug] McLennan banned

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 07:32:26AM +0900, Robert Kidd wrote:
> On 02:34 AM 03/04/2002, Matt Doughty wrote....
> --------------------START QUOTE---------------------
> >but if
> >you can't see he incites people then we have nothing to talk
> >about
> ---------------------------END QUOTE --------------------
>
> "incitement" "causing a stir" "rattling the cage" Yes we had
> better stop that! Hammer down that nail! We certainly shouldn't
> allow someone to be different should we? I for one am very
> frightened by those people who are different than me. If we let
> them speak their mind now, pretty soon everyone will want to say
> what they think! Can't have that can we?

My my can we troll. Freedom of speech? sure! Freedom to constantly
spam a mailing list after being asked to cease and desist? Sorry
not a right that you have.  He is free to talk, but tlug does not
have to provide the forum.

> Sorry Matt, but the thought police are not allowed on my
> computer I think it's time you took a break and got off this
> island to see how the rest of the world thinks. I usually do not
> get personal but this infuriates me. Last time I looked the
> "delete" button was still right where it has always been. Go
> ahead and censor your own mail but not mine! I once thought this
> list was a good place to learn but the narrow minded opinions
> expressed in the last couple of days astounds me and worries me.

You obviously don't get as much mail as some of us. I'm sure all those
other moderated mailing lists are evil also. Probably they all fall under
your evil 'thought police' banner, but its more of a matter of 'drivel contol'.
Like I said the last bit was just the straw that broke camel's back. If you
think it to be tyranical then it is probably due to a lack of perspective.

> I could not let this go by without speaking up, however, this
> list is for the discussion of Linux so this is my last posting
> on this subject. Back to Linux.

Yes, lets see if we can do just that.

--Matt

--
"Take away them collisions and the common channel and it's like Christianity
 without Christ." -Jim Breen (speaking about "full-duplex" Ethernet)