Re: [tlug] And they said it was Free?

Scott McLennan wrote:

> You have to make a conscious effort to 'avoid' the paying part of the site.
> With redhat, you
> can just go to "Download" and there it is. With Redhat, you have to make
> a special effort to find the 'paying  part'. The redhat default is 'Vous
> dont pay'.
> With Mandrake it seems that the mandrake default is that 'Vous pay'. You
> have to
> make a special effort to 'avoid the paying part'.

But you can still find the download link.  They had to put up that "money
hungry" page that loads when you click on downloads, because they are in
financial trouble. If that page is disturbing, then go directly to a mirror
site like ftp://kddlabs.co.jp or whatever. But as I said before
http://www.debian.org doesnt't have any page like that, you are free to use
that distro too.

Moderators on slashdot would have put you down with a "-1 Troll".

--
B0Ti.