Re: [tlug] And they said it was Free?

Scott McLennan wrote:

> I wonder why everyone is always focussing on Mandrake
> and not Redhat or Debian...

Where did you get this from ?

> This is pretty amazing. You go to the Mandrake distribution
> download and get hit with all this stuff about becoming a
> member? I mean. Why is that? It's supposed to be free
> and yet they are tryng to rip  $120-$1200 a year off you.

This does sound like a ripoff, but belive it or not, they are in financial
trouble.
You might think what they do is sell free software (and memberships) for doing
nothing. That's not the case, they are actually doing some serious development
too that requires *money*.
<note>
Probably S. Turnbull is gonna elaborate on how the mandrake guys are f**ing up
his belowed emacs.
</note>

> Jumpin' Geepers!

But you have the choice. Use debian or some other distro for free and package
OpenOffice for yourself (and for the community).

--
B0Ti.