Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Arcane command-line (Was: epcEditor)
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Arcane command-line (Was: epcEditor)
- From: "Scott McLennan" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 23:15:47 +0900
- Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit
- Content-type: text/plain;charset="iso-8859-1"
- Organization: SoftDev
- References: <200203262114.g2QLEFe01130@example.com><20020327091537.A4404@example.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Scott McLennan" <email@example.com>
This is one that you really have to keep trying at. Ive had similar blunders and have updated the kernel and then blown my system(zu) a number of times. It's best to use 7.2 or have a spare disk set aside just for practicising. It's tricky but the trick is never to give up. I dont believe you can just type in rules off the console and have them work. Im not sure though. Was hoping there would be an ipchains expert out there somewhere. Scott > > Ever had one of those days? > > I was about to post a question here. I couldn't get iptables to work on > RedHat 7.1 and was getting some serious kernel erros. Updated heaps of > packages even the kernel, and still wouldn't work. Strange as I'd never had > any trouble before then I read .... > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <firstname.lastname@example.org> > > > Eg, the other day I was mucking with *ipchains* for the first time in a > > while, and I wanted to shut out the guy hammering on port 8473. > > > damn! I use ipchains not iptables! > > Oh well, at least I've got everything updated now. > > Brett > > > > > > > > > > > >
- Re: [tlug] Arcane command-line (Was: epcEditor)
- From: Scott Robbins
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] Re: Correction: Re: epcEditor
- Next by Date: [tlug] What is the best one?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Arcane command-line (Was: epcEditor)
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Arcane command-line (Was: epcEditor)
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links