Mailing List Archive
Support open source code!
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Iptables and Ipchains
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Iptables and Ipchains
- From: Hector Akamine <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 06:44:14 -0800 (PST)
- Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The link below has a tutorial and some example scripts: http://www.boingworld.com/workshops/linux/iptables-tutorial/ --- Scott McLennan <email@example.com> wrote: > Thanks a lot. > If you get a chance please let me know the ones. > > Cheers, > > Scott > > > > If you want the feeling That you are "totally > unhackable", unplug your > > computer and fill it with cement. Iptables isnt > all that complicated, > there > > are a few good web pages that I have bookmarked at > home which show some > good > > example scripts etc > > > > Ray > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: Scott McLennan > [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] > > Sent: 25 March 2002 10:44 > > To: email@example.com > > Subject: [tlug] Iptables and Ipchains > > > > > > Ok. This is my last question... I promise. > > Sorry about my barrage of questions. > > > > Im using Ipchains that I managed to set up > > from studying this site. > > > > http://www.linux-firewall-tools.com/ > > > > but when I went to study IPTABLES boy was > > it confusing. Can someone recommend a simple > > rc.firewall file that will bolt down my server for > > 25,53,80,22 usage. I need to have that warm > > feeling that 'Im totally unhackable' ) > > (hadnt had that for a while)... and Im > > trendy because "I using the latest and greatest > > in state of the art security and its all free!" > > > > Cheers, > > > > Scott > > (For revised resume) > > http://www.geocities.com/scottgordonmclennan > > > > > > > __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards® http://movies.yahoo.com/
- Re: [tlug] Iptables and Ipchains
- From: Scott McLennan
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Linux domains ?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Does rxvt support kinput?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Iptables and Ipchains
- Next by thread: [tlug] CD Drive funnies
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links