RE: [tlug] random in bash [Kmail Notification]

How about /usr/games/random ?

Normally it picks lines at random from an input file, but with the -e flag
it returns a random exit code within a specified range. You might use that
result with a combination of 'head' and 'tail' to pick a single line from a
file containing a list of .wav files.